長楽寺

長楽寺ちょうらくじ

上杉家の鬼神といわれた本庄繁長ゆかりの寺院

Chorakuji

A temple associated with Honjo Shigenaga, a samurai known as one of the mightiest retainers of the Uesugi clan

庭園・建築

創立は戦国時代中期(天文9(1540)年)、開基は本庄越前守繁長(ほんじょう えちぜんのかみしげなが)、開山は耕雲寺11世三心宗尹(さんしんそうい)禅師の曹洞宗の寺院です。
同寺は本庄氏に従い村上に移り、本庄氏が村上を去り福島城主になると福島にも建立された。(慶長5(1600)年:福島長楽寺)
参道入口には、町を禍から守る役目の9体の石仏「九品仏(くほんぶつ)」の一つが鎮座し、境内には三十三番観音を祭っています。
お寺の裏手にある中庭は、山を借景に作られた庭園です。

 This very old temple has a history of 480 years.
Honjo Shigenaga, who held the court title of “Echizen no Kami,” laid the foundation for Sanshin Soi, Koun-ji Temple’s 11th Soto Sect Zen master, to begin the construction of the temple. One the nine Kuhonbutsu statues, the Amida Nyorai making the Jobon Gesho mudra, is enshrined at the entrance to the temple grounds. 33 Kannon statues built in Japan’s early modern period are also in the precincts of the temple. The courtyard behind the temple was built while taking into consideration the adjacent mountain as a backdrop, thus providing a strong sense of unity with nature.

  • 村上市羽黒町11-43
  • TEL.0254-52-2228
  • 入館料:無料

休館日、開館時間は施設にお問い合わせください。

喫 茶
案内人
Copyright © The Road of Beautiful Japanese Gardens
and Traditional Buildings in Niigata